Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In which I rejoin Weight Watchers for the last time

Over the summer, I knew it was time to get my body - and life - back on track with Weight Watchers.

My youngest had turned 1 and the, "But I just had a baby..." rationalization had expired. We weren't planning on any more children, so that wiped out another excuse: "Why go through all that effort if we're planning another pregnancy?"

No, I was fresh out of excuses. It had been a wonderful 5 years in which I had 3 children. And now, with the birthing part of my life over for good, it was time to get back in shape for good.

From April 2002 to September 2003 I lost 126 pounds and earned my Lifetime membership in Weight Watchers, meaning I could attend any meeting free for the rest of my life, as long as I weighed in once a month and stayed within 2 lbs of my goal weight - 175.

By the time I became pregnant with our first child in March 2005, I had regained most of that 126 lbs, and used the pregnancy rationalization to wipe out the rest. But that's a post for another day.

Anyway, I knew it was time to get back to business. My two oldest would be in preschool this year and I gave myself until the first day of school, then it was time to rejoin WW and get back on track. Even better, I had a friend who wanted to get back in shape, too, so she agreed to join with me.

Today was our first meeting. I was anxious, I hadn't weighed myself in years. I knew I had a lot to lose and I was right. Starting weight 282.4. Well, there's one victory, I didn't gain it all back. Came in 3.6 lbs under my 2002 starting weight. I'll take any victory at this point.

So, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment