Thursday, November 11, 2010

Recipe: Tomato-Basil Pizza

OK, "recipe" may not be the right word for this as it's insanely basic.

One of the first few WW meetings I attended was focused on coming up with answers to persistent weight-loss problems. The friend who I attend with noted she was having problems with her family's Friday Pizza Night, so the leader encouraged her to make her own instead of eating regular pizza.

Our leader mentioned how she makes her own pizza: on a pita crust topped with chopped fresh tomatoes, basil and cheese. It sounded so good, I went to the store to try it myself. Instead of a pita I chose a Mini Wheat Boboli crust (6 Points).

I chopped up a Roma tomato, then added a lot of fresh basil. On top of that I added 1/2C Kraft 2% Italian Shredded Cheese blend (4 Points). It is awesome. I make this at least once a week and it's decadent.

Edit Feb. 2011: Under Points+ calculations, the Boboli mini wheat crust is now 10 Points. Boo! But still worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment