Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 9 Weigh-In: So close

Since rolling out the Points program over a decade ago, Weight Watchers has always encouraged people to first set a 10% goal.

It's doable and a good motivator, and if you lose even 10% you'll feel much better and see real results. And you get a nifty keychain.

The only problem is, if you weigh more than 200 lbs, it can take a while to reach 10%. Hell, my 10% (28 lbs) is more than my meeting leader lost total. When I rejoined the program, I discovered WW now wants people to focus on 5% first, then aim for 10%. It's a good idea, especially for those of us who have a long way to go.

My goal since joining was to hit 10% before Thanksgiving and this week I almost made it. So close! I had a great weigh-in (-3.8 lbs) but fell short of my 10% by two-tenths of a pound. Just .2. So, hopefully next week, I will get my celebratory 10% keychain.

But, another cool thing: Since I passed the 25lb mark today I got my 25lb charm. Which goes on the keychain. Which I do not have yet. You know you have a lot to lose when you earn the 25-lb charm before you earn our 10% keychain!

These charms are neat - they didn't offer them on my last WW go-around. You got your 10% keychain, then a goal charm (a star), then a Lifetime charm (a key). Now they give out additional charms for each 25lbs you lose: 25, 50, 75, 100. I will collect them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment