Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 4 Weigh-In: 5%

A nice -2.4 loss today to hit my 5% goal right on the nose: 268.2.

One month in and that's a total of -14.2 gone, exactly half of what I need (-28.4) to earn my 10% keychain.

I wish the 10% weren't so much weight, it feels like it takes forever to get there. I know we shouldn't compare weight losses with others, but my 10% is more than some people's entire losses to reach goal! Like my leader, for instance. She lost 25 lbs to reach her goal weight, and to her credit has maintained it for years. Now that all evens out when you hit goal and maintenance, as regardless of how much you lose, maintenance is equally hard for all.

So, 4 weeks in and I feel like a have a handle on eating within my Points. Now, it's time to refine that a bit. I eat way too many carbs, so it's time to try to diversify and spend more Points on fruits, vegetables and proteins. I'm not going to obsess about it, but I need to gradually improve in that department.

Also, now that 4 weeks is up, "easy" water weight, shock-to-the-body losses will slow and disappear, so I should start thinking about exercise in some regard. It may be time to pull out my Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds DVDs. They're a challenging workout, but doable regardless of your size or current fitness level. (A note, I went to look up Leslie's Web site and she's changed the name of her series to Walk At Home. It has been a while since I've been there!)

But, one step at a time. I will not overload myself with to-dos or I will get burnt out and off-track. Slowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment