Thursday, February 16, 2012

Food Of The Day: The 'Are You Pregnant?' Wrap

Were I to spy you eating this wrap I would say, "When are you due?"

This concoction totally looks like a pregnancy craving come to life. And, before you can ask, let me reply: "No. Absolutely not. That ship has sailed."

That cleared up, this wrap was inspired by two friends. Flo posted a link (which I can't find) to some grilled-hummus/egg sandwich thing that looked delicious, yet I stupidly did not bookmark. I figure she'll eventually bail me out in the comments below, because she is awesome.

The other half of the germ of this idea came from my friend, Lynne, who keeps telling me to put olives in my sandwiches. Not sure why, but she's adamant. If they were 0 Points, believe me I would have jumped on this earlier.

Anyway, both ideas sat in the back of my head, resulting into this mash-up, "Are You Pregnant?" wrap:

  • 28g roasted red peper hummus spread (1 Points+) over a whole Lavash (2 Points+). You had me at "whole Lavash."

  • 2 Eggland's Best hardboiled Yuppie eggs, which are only 1 Points+ each because they're medium eggs. Yeah.

  • 14g green olives (happy now, Lynne?) works out to about 5 olives for 1 Points+. Yes, I weigh them every time hoping I will be able to jam in a sixth for 14g. Has not happened yet, maybe someday.

    It may sound like an odd combo - and look like a hot mess - but it's quite delicious.
  • 1 comment:

    1. Bailing Melissa out! LOL!

      http://edibleperspective.com/2011/01/oh-my-sandwich/

      Grilled Hummus + Egg Sandwich

      2 slices toast [I used GF millet bread]
      Earth Balance [the soy free kind for me!] or butter
      hummus
      1 hardboiled egg, or 1 pour, poke, + spread egg
      pickles or sweet pickle relish [liquid drained]
      salt + pepper

      ReplyDelete