Friday, February 3, 2012

In which I get some perspective

It was about 6:20 am today and I was walking across the bootcamp gym, carrying a 35-lb plate weight in each hand like a suitcase.

All I was doing was walking, carrying this extra weight, and as my shoulders started to burn, it hit me:

How the hell did I ever do this before - plus another 55 lbs?

Sure, I didn't have 125 lbs hanging exclusively off my arms but, you get the idea.

I can't remember hauling around a 282 lbs - and that's a very good thing.

The fact I got a little challenging reminder? Even better.

And the fact I could put down (OK, drop) the plates and instantly weigh 158 lbs again? The best.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! There's nothing quite like carrying that weight around and realizing it was once on your body. I felt that way on moving day, hauling boxes and bags up three flights of stairs. And you're right--it's great to get that perspective, but it feels even better dropping that weight in the gym and feeling immediate relief. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete