Thursday, December 30, 2010

C25K Week 1, Day 1

Big day: First day of C25K, first day at the gym.

Even for a confirmed non-morning person like me, getting up at 5:30 am wasn't too much of a shock. I think Day 1 is the easiest because it's new and you're excited. The trick is to feel the same way on Day 42.

Anyway, got up, dressed and had a snack (Luna Protein Bar), then hopped in the car and made the 10-minute drive to the gym. On the way in the door, I've got an armful of junk: running shoes, iPod, headphones and a water bottle. Note to self: Find a gym bag.

Got in the door (yay, my security key fob works) and only 1 of the 6 treadmills is occupied. A good sign.

Hopped on, remembering not to stand on the belt when it starts, but straddle it my standing on the edges of the treadmill, and off I went.

Running for 60 seconds was work and I was happy when it was time for 90 seconds of walking. The time passed pretty quickly between my music, the TV on the treadmill and the math I was doing in my head to ensure I started running and walking at the right times.

After 10 minutes of warm-up, 20 minutes of run-walk, 10 of cool-down and thorough stretching, I was done.

6:45am - a good hour before I normally get out of bed - and my workout for the day was done. And I already got in 32 oz of water. Not bad!

Now, Day 2, when the real work begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment