Monday, May 2, 2011

Recipe: Feta-Stuffed Chicken Breast



This is one of those recipes that's so good you can serve it to civilians (non-WWers) and they'd never know it's healthy. It tastes much more sinful that it is, which is pretty rare.

It was originally printed in the WW Ready-Set-Go! cookbook that came with the Points+ kit last fall.

Ingredients

2 oz fat-free feta crumbled
2 moist sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), finely chopped
4 large, fresh basil leaves chopped
1/4t salt
1/4t pepper
1/4c panko
4, 5-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4t fat-free mayo

1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Mix feta, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread panko on sheet of wax paper.
3. Cut 2.5-inch-long pocket in each chicken breast. Put 1/4 of mixture into pocket and press edges closed. Spread 1t mayo on top of breast and press into panko.
4. Lightly spray crumbs with non-stick spray (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter). Bake for 25 minutes.

Serves 4.

Points+ = 4

Notes: You can easily quarter this recipe and make 1 breast if you're dining solo. That's what I do. If I made all 4, I'd be tempted to eat more than my share.

No comments:

Post a Comment