Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Week 38 Weigh-In: The happiest gain I ever had

So yesterday, I was pretty discouraged.

I worked very hard since Thursday to shed any vacation weight I'd gained, but insanely the scale was going up, not down.

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was, Should I weigh myself here first?

First reaction was, No, but then I decided I didn't want to torture myself until 10 am. It's going to be a gain, why not know how big of a gain it will be?

I put on my weigh-in clothes and stepped on the scale. Yesterday, the scale went up (despite on-plan eating and lots of exercise) and I was looking at a +2.8 from my last WW weigh-in.

I heard the beep and looked down: 191.6

Exhale. OK, that's much better. Adjusted for the +.4 difference between the WW scale and my home scale, that's a +1.6 from my last WW weigh-in. A gain starting with a 1 is much better than one that starts with a 2 in my book.

Relieved, I got everyone packed up, in the van and off to school. I ran a quick errand before the meeting then drove over and had a happy reunion with Donna The Wonderful Receptionist.

"I'm going to be up," I warned her.

"That's OK," she replied.

Donna looked at the monitor, clicked her mouse and made a pffft sound.

"Just a speck," she said.

Wondering how big a "speck" was in Donnaland, I opened my weigh-in book. +.6!

Allright!

I have no idea how I either lost 1 lb in 2 hours or how the differential between the two scales grew to 1lb. I don't care. Actually, if I really lost 1lb in 2 hrs, I do care about learning that secret, but I think it was the latter.

Color me very happy with a +.6. Next stop, the 180s!

No comments:

Post a Comment