Wednesday, March 21, 2012

In which I (finally) like a race photo


Lotta "finallys" this week.

Anyway, when you run a big race, there is usually a race photographer who takes your picture as you head toward and/or cross the finish line.

A few days later you get an email with the proof, urging you to buy a poster-size print of the exact moment you looked like you were stroking out. Or, at least, what I usually look like. Exhibits A-K.

So when I got the email last week, I opened it with my usual low expectations, but what do you know, I kinda like this picture.

Even though I look like a dude thanks to the hat, I also look like I am actually running, not quickly shuffling, and that I know what I am doing.

Yay!

Putting them side by side from last year's race, nice apple-to-apples glance. But, two things stand out the most:

1. I have apparently the exact same exhale face.

2. Look at the difference in my legs year over year. Thank you, bootcamp and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment