Friday, November 18, 2011

Food Of The Day: Low-Point Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Holy crow.

I was perusing my Twitter feed before bootcamp this morning and I saw a Cool Running tweet containing the words "pumpkin", "pie" and "smoothie."

I could not click fast-enough.

Active.com had concocted a healthier version of Jamba Juice's Pumpkin Smash Smoothie. The Active.com mod makes 2 16-oz servings, 4 Points+ a piece.

I have yet to make a smoothie and save half for later, so I was looking at 8 Points+ as written.

I figured I could goose that down.

I used:

1/2c canned pumpkin (0 Points)
1 cup So Delicious coconut milk, unsweetened (1 Point)
4 oz Plain Chobani (1.5 Points)
1/2t pumpkin pie spice
1.2t cinnamon
Truvia (more than I want to admit to. Let's pretend it was one packet. Yeah, 1.)
Ice

I tossed everything in the amazingly-ridiculous-seriously-ask-Santa-or-Hannukah-Harry-for-one Vitamix and vroooom, a ton of deliciousness.

So crazy good. If you like pumpkin, that is. If you don't, then I guess it's gross, but all the more for me and other pumpkin-lovers out there.

The only reason I used coconut milk is because A) It's low-Point and B) I had it in the fridge because I use it for my smoothies. If you used 1% milk, it's triple the Points per cup (3).

Give it a whirl while there's plenty of canned pumpkin on the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment