Thursday, June 30, 2011

Food Of The Day: Buttery Baked Scallops


Day 2 of trying to shake up my same-old, same-old diet.

I had a hankering for fish, so I picked up some Bay Scallops and decided to make an old favorite of my Dad's. I WW'd it to make it more Points-friendly.

Ingredients
6 oz Bay Scallops (2P+)
1T butter (3P+)
5 Toll House crackers (2 P+)
1 wedge Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb cheese (1 P+)

  • Place the scallops in a shallow baking pan.
  • Cover with 1T butter and crushed crackers.
  • Top with sliced Laughing Cow cheese wedge.
  • Spray top lightly with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

    Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

    8 P+, serves 1.

    My Dad's original is pretty close to this, although he's very liberal with the butter and crushed crackers; adds a splash of white wine; and uses 1 slice of American cheese. The original is awesome, but I have to say this is a very good, lower-Point substitute; the scallops were swimming in buttery, cheese breadcrumbs. While it was baking the kitchen smelled of said buttery breadcrumbs.

    It's also super easy and can be whipped up quickly. And it looks kinda fancy, so you could easily impress guests. You also could knock down the Points by using light butter (I think that would take off 1, we didn't have any on hand) and perhaps more Points-friendly crackers.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment