Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Week 41 Weigh-In: Is That All There Is?

Not an exciting day at the scale.

-1, which is better than +1, but I was hoping for more. I'm so close to -100, the closer I get the more frustrated I am about not getting there now.

And I know that's ridiculous because I am doing all I can. I get there when I get there, but that's easier said when you're there.

However, to get there yesterday I would have had to -3.4, which is a lot. I just keep telling myself on these types of weeks:

  • You cannot expect to lose 3 lbs every other week.
  • Your body knows what it's doing, when it's ready to drop more, it will.
  • Trust Points+, move your body and trust yourself.

    The last thing I want anyone reading this to think is, She's got it all covered. Because I really don't. I get frustrated and discouraged just like everyone else, believe me. Some days I want to drive as fast as I can to Panera and eat my way through bakery case.

    I'm sure this isn't an original thought, but I liken losing weight to running up a hill (which I hate, BTW).

    It sucks at the bottom of the hill. It sucks in the middle. And when you're close to the top, sure you can see the end, but your muscles are screaming and your breathing is rapid. The grade gets to its steepest point and you're trying so damn hard to just keep moving your feet and get to the top of that hill. It's tough mentally and physically. The last quarter of this adventure is very much like near-top-of-the-hill fatigue.

    However, running hills makes me a better, stronger runner. And losing weight makes me a stronger, healthier person.

    I've said this in my Weight Watcher meetings and it's true: One of the hardest parts of weight loss is patience.

    I just have to remember that, have a good eating and exercise week and take it from there.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment