Monday, June 6, 2011

In which I am no longer obese

My friend Becca recently calculated her BMI and saw she made the move from obese to overweight.

If you're in the former and move into the latter, that's a big deal.

I read her good news and then thought, I wonder what my BMI is?

I'd never calculated it since rejoining WW because the answer, regardless of number, was "Too High."

But, as I've lost quite a bit of weight, I decided it was time and found an online calculator.

My starting BMI on Sept. 7, 2010 was 44.2.

My BMI today, 39 weeks later: 29.9...OVERWEIGHT!

Hooray!

To get my BMI into the Normal Weight category (18.5-24.9) I need to drop to at least 159 lbs, which is a solid long-term goal. Sure my big goal is to return to my Lifetime, no-pay WW goal weight: 175. But, after that, taking it down to 159 would be an interesting trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment