Friday, April 8, 2011

In which it's Bootcamp, Day 3

I figured it out: Bootcamp is an activity I don't like while I'm in the middle of it, but one I love after.

Even though I'm sore in places I didn't even know existed.

Today was a good day in that I actually felt relatively competent in some of the stations.

And I realized the exercises fall into a pattern:

  • Those that look fun are not.
  • Those that look easy are hard.
  • Those that look hard are very hard.

    Trainer P was his usual supportive self: Quietly offering form corrections and encouragement. He's not a screamer a la Jillian Michaels and that's a very good thing.

    Typing of Jillian, on The Biggest Loser did you ever catch the contestants doing a rope wave? Where there are two big ropes attached to the wall and the contestants snap the ropes up and down to create waves? Not as easy or as fun as it looks.

    Finally got a chance to talk to my friend Deb today, she's been going to this boot camp for 2 years now and put the bug in my ear that I should give it a try.

    She read my post about being discouraged about not making it through the whole minute. She noted, basically: You'll get better, but it never gets easier. And no one makes it through the whole minute.

    That made me feel a lot better about my performance.

    I'm feeling really good and less nervous about bootcamp. I'm very glad I'm going as it's pushing me harder than I would ever push myself.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment