Thursday, April 28, 2011

In which it's out with the old

For a few weeks I was in clothing purgatory.

I bought new summer clothes in smaller sizes, but my closet and drawers were still jammed with a wardrobe that's now way too big.

Sick of having my closet filled with useless items, I finally made the time to have a therapeutic purging of old threads, tossing everything with a 3X, 2X, 1X, XL, 24, 22, 20, 18 on the label - basically, an entire plus-size section - into trash bags for donation.

I cleaned out most of my closet and drawers. I probably have 1-2 bags of stuff still to clear out from the deep recesses of the closet, but it's nice to have a lot of space back.

I did keep a few pieces of old stuff: A couple pairs of pants and a shirt. I will need them for After pictures. :-D

It's a luxury to not only have all this extra closet and drawer space, but also to be able to pick anything - anything! - and know it will zip, button, cover what it's supposed to, etc.

Is that what regular-size people do? If so, I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment