Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October '11: Home Weigh-In 3

Yesterday I called my body a dummy and the scale a *^#&!@.

Neither were happy with their characterizations, as I was +1 - for the second week in a row. This is the first time since I started that I had two gains in a row. Not the trend I was looking for.

I am not happy about this development because I've been doing everything "right":

  • Staying within my Points.
  • Tracking and following all WW Good Health Guidelines.
  • Working out 6 out of 7 days (not because I feel like I have to, but because I like to. I know, it surprises me, too).

    So with one week to go until my official November Weight Watchers WI, I am right back where I was on Oct. 4. That sucks. Lost 2 lbs the first week, gained one each subsequent week - for a reason I cannot determine. And that is annoying me.

    Now, I know my cycle is nigh, so perhaps that's it. Or maybe I've been eating the same-old, same-old foods and I need to shake it up a bit. Or I'm working out too much, leaving my muscles inadequate time to repair, causing water retention.

    Whatever, I need to do something different this week. I can't sit here and whine that I'm not losing weight if I don't do something to try and move the scale (even though everything I'm doing is supposed to move it).

    I'm going to eat some new meals and try at least one new recipe. And I will drop back to working out 5 days a week (3 run/2 bootcamp).

    What does this mean for Operation October 5.1? Damned if I know. I usually have one major loss a month, 3+ lbs. So perhaps that will be next week. Could I pull off 5+? It's possible and has happened before.

    How "exciting."
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment