Monday, September 26, 2011

Food Of The Day: Less-Devilish Eggs

Yesterday I wrote about my love of hardboiled eggs and my father's penchant for antiquated putdowns.

Regarding the former, the always-awesome Flo left a gift in the comments, this crazy-good - and easy - recipe for deviled eggs.

Since I happened to have three leftover Yuppie Eggs, I decided to give it a whirl today. It was delicious, easy and low-Point. Pretty much everything I could ask for in a meal.

I definitely will be making this again, thanks again, Flo!

Giggled Eggs (A Deviled Egg Swap)
By LongIslandJimmy

Ingredients
3 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 Wedge Original Laughing Cow Cheese
Salt/Pepper/Paprika (as desired)

Directions
Cut the eggs in half. Discard all but 1 & 1/2 yolks.
In a small bowl, use a fork to mash together the cheese and the 1 & 1/2 yolks until well blended.
Add salt/pepper to taste
Fill the mixture back into the egg white halves and top with additional salt/pepper/paprika to taste.

Nutritional Information (based on avg "large" eggs; for the ENTIRE recipe [all 6 halves] ):
Calories: 180
Fat: 10g
Carbohydrates: 2.2g
Fiber: 0g
Protein: 17.5g
WW PointsPlus: 4

1 comment:

  1. From LongIslandJimmy...glad you liked them! Love the pic!

    ReplyDelete