Friday, September 30, 2011

Food Of The Day: Roasted Chicken Patties

I could live Weight Watchers without Trader Joe's, but it would be harder, that's for sure.

Flo says she wouldn't want to live anywhere without one and I agree. In my opinion, there should be a Trader Joe's next to every Weight Watchers center because TJs offers affordable, delicious, low-Point, high-value food.

I have several favorites from the chain (like this, this, this and this) but if I could only buy one product it would be the Roasted Chicken Patties. I can't believe I haven't posted about these before as I eat them three to four times a week.

They're 3 Points+ each and a great value. I love them on the grill and I love to pair them with grilled vegetables. But to be honest, you could pair them with just about anything.

I tend to front-load my Points each day, so I usually leave less than 5 Points for dinner. Eating at night has never been a challenge, so leaving so few for nighttime doesn't bother me like it may others. Getting through the afternoon, say lunch to dinner is more difficult for me, so I leave Points there for a snack or something to get me through.

If I'm having a patty for dinner I usually only leave 3 Points: enough for one patty and a mound of grilled or roasted veg. If I'm still hungry, which I usually am not, I'll have some fruit for dessert.

If you haven't checked these out, pick up a pack - they're in the TJs fresh meat section with the hamburger, turkey, chicken, sausage, etc. They're great to have on hand if you need a quick, easy dinner that's low-Point and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment