Sunday, September 18, 2011

In which the party's over

Yesterday was my much-ballyhooded (by me) birthday, during which I ate whatever I wanted all day long.

I hatched this plan, literally, months ago and I was looking forward to it way too much. All the forbidden fruits, all for me, all day long.

Some friends wisely wondered if it was a good idea. And then there's my wonderful friend Kerry, who counseled two words:

"Pace yourself."

Love that woman.

I'm not going to get into specifics on what I ate and how much (a lot and a lot) because I don't want to put any naughty thoughts in your head. Suffice it to say, it was great...and fun.

But, surprisingly, it wasn't as great or as fun as I had expected.

Maybe it was because I built this freedom up into some mythical level in my head to which it could never live up.

Maybe I'm making some progress on my food issues and the thought of all-you-can-eat isn't the fantasy it used to be.

Now that I'm close to goal (and hopefully will be there by Thanksgiving), it will be easier for me to work much-loved treats into my eating plan on a more-regular (but not too-regular) basis rather than a once-a-year-bacchanal.

With the stress of official weekly WW weigh-ins removed, I should be able to enjoy more special foods in very cautious moderation.

Perhaps that will take some away the "forbidden" or "bad" tint to some high-Point items. And that would be a good thing.

Well, what do you know: 41 for only a day and I'm already a bit wiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment