Thursday, September 15, 2011

September '11 Home Weigh-In 1

Got a big 'ol M Tuesday, which means I weighed the exact same this week as I did last.

And, frankly, that's a good thing as I wiped out my WPAs last Sunday at my brother's.

All the food I ate was "good", but it was a lot. Plus there was that cheeseburger and pasta I had post-race Sunday. (For non-WWers, every week we get 49 extra Points - Weekly Points Allowance - that we can eat anytime during the week - or not at all.)

For me, 49 Points translates into basically an extra day-and-a-half of food. Some weeks I eat some. Rarely I eat all. However, they're there if I need them. I rarely use them all so late in my WW week because it could affect how much weight I lose, if any. Did it affect my non-existant loss this week? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows?

This all just goes to show that it doesn't matter how much you work out, you still need to eat smart and controlled. I worked out, literally, 7 days this week, including bootcamp and two 5Ks, and stayed the same. If you want to lose weight you have to manage your eating and exercise for success.

Don't want to sound like I'm complaining here, I'm definitely not. Given the opportunity to choose my foods Sunday again, I would do the same thing. As I've written before, I want it all to be about moderation - not deprivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment