Monday, September 5, 2011

In which I describe my last, last meal

A year ago today was my last day before joining Weight Watchers.

Where did I pick for my last meal? Chili's. Seriously, how sad that is? That may be more depressing than weighing 282 lbs.

Not to bash Chili's but that's not a great place for a last meal. Yet it shows how sick and tired I was of eating whatever I wanted, I couldn't even muster up the enthusiasm to go to a more exciting place for my final splurge meal. (I believe it was nachos and queso dip and fajitas, if you were curious.)

I knew it was time to get back to WW because no food excited me anymore. I had eaten pretty much everything that had turned me on food-wise and I was burnt out. Rock bottom and just in time.

For months I knew that when the kids went back to school, I would rejoin WW. I would still have one child with me, so I picked the local Mommy & Me meeting, where you get less of a stink eye for children than you would at a normal meeting. My good friend, Kerry, decided she wanted to lose, too, so we agreed to join the Tuesday morning class.

While Kerry's kids had already gone back to school, mine had one more week. But so desperate I was to get back in the swing of things, I rejoined the same day as Kerry, with my 4-, 3- and 1-year-old in tow. I could have had one more week to eat whatever I wanted but I didn't want to. All I wanted was to get back to WW and get down to business.

I remember posting a Facebook status update that night. I'm not going to spelunk through a year's worth of my wall to find it, but it was something like, "Very excited to rejoin Weight Watchers in the morning."

That was a big step: Admitting, "Hey, I'm fat and I need help" in such a public place.

But it goes to show how I was excited to head to WW. And, happily, I still am.

No comments:

Post a Comment