Thursday, February 24, 2011

In which I place 5th in the Challenge

The Power of One Challenge is over and I came in 5th out of 280 entrants, losing 7.32% of my body weight (19 lbs) over 8 weeks!

This is pretty cool as I never entered a Challenge before and didn't really expect to make the Leaderboard at all. I was already 4 months into my weight loss, how could I stack up against people just starting (when, in theory, your losses are the biggest)?

But I guess this proves one thing: If you work hard, you can lose weight, regardless of where you are in the process (beginning, middle or end).

I don't have any magic formula or metabolism (Lord knows the latter is true). I don't have any secrets. I don't do anything special or exotic. All I do is follow the WW program and work out 45 minutes four times a week.

That's doable. Very doable. If you're discouraged or stalled in your weight loss, just remember, as Ben noted:

If you want to do it, all you have to do is do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment