Monday, February 21, 2011

Recipe: 'Cold Stone' Black Forest Dream Ice Cream

Super WW blogger Mel tweeted a photo over the weekend, which included her light homage to Cold Stone's Black Forest Dream ice cream (my favorite).

So, of course, I had to give it a go.

While Mel used a single-serve container of plain Chobani, I used 8 oz (3 Points) as I had the big tub already open in the fridge. I added 1/4t of vanilla and a little Truvia. Then I added 1 cup of frozen cherries that I defrosted a bit in the microwave. Last, I crumbled up a thawed chocolate VitaTop, (3 Points) stirred it all and put it in the freezer for a half-hour.

You know I was there, spoon in hand, the second the 30 minutes was up. The results were delicious, and for 6 Points, a yummy dessert I will enjoy again. Check out the NI on a small serving of the Cold Stone original, which is 28 Points! I get 33 Points a day, to give you a relative scale.

In other news, crushed 40 minutes on the elliptical at the gym, despite feeling like my head would explode thanks to a head cold. Felt great! Well, except for the head/nose deal.

1 comment: