Monday, August 15, 2011

Food Of The Day: Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili


I love my Crock Pot. And tacos. And, of course, chicken. And, you know, chili. So this was all good.

Yesterday my friend Susan mentioned she was having chili, which made me think, Mmmmm chili....

Then I headed over to Shrinking Jeans and what was featured on the home page but the Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili recipe from Gina's SkinnyTaste.

I took it as a sign.

Plus, today featured build-an-ark rain all day, so it was a perfect day for a warm bowl of deliciousness.

Putting it together was super easy, the hardest part was hanging out in the house all day while the awesome smells permeated everything.

Finally, my 10 hours were up and I could dig in for my meal. Each serving is a very generous 1.25C (which doesn't sound like much, but really is) for 5 Points+. The chili was spicy and delicious, and the recipe yielded 10 servings, so plenty to freeze for later.

The only mistake I made was realizing perhaps something as sodium-riffic as taco chili may not be the best meal the night before my home weigh-in. Of course, I realized this after I ate. Oh, well.

If you've never been to SkinnyTaste, head on over (on a full stomach or it's torture) and check it out. Tons of healthy, family- and WW-friendly meal ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment