Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home Weigh-In: Week 1

OK, so I kinda sorta screwed this up.

When I limboed under Goal last week I decided to still weigh in at home on Tuesdays so I would know week-to-week how I'm faring. Then, on the first Tuesday of every month, I would do my official weigh-in at Weight Watchers.

Since my weigh-in last week counted for August, I don't have to weigh-in at WW until Sept. 6, so today it was home weigh-in No. 1.

To celebrate, I bought a new scale. Our old Tanita, while a good scale, is routinely turned on, stepped on and hopped on by our three kids when they invade the upstairs bathroom. I can't have that kind of insanity around a piece of relatively delicate machinery that spits out a number for which I work insanely hard all week.

I've read such good stuff about the Eat Smart Precision Digital Bathroom scale, and it seemed so easy to operate, I made the purchase. It arrived yesterday, and this morning before eating or working out, I put on my regular weigh-in clothes and set up the scale in the basement, away from our three-child circus.

I followed the easy calibration instructions and while I got a number, I didn't see the C on the display I was supposed to see, indicating the scale is now calibrated. Took out the batteries, stepped on again and, still, no C. Hrumpf.

Oh, well, it read 177.6. Then I realized I have no idea how that compares to the WW scale because I forgot to weigh myself on my Tanita before last week's weigh in. Crap.

Therefore, I have no idea how that translates to the official WW scale. Although, I'm hoping to God my new scale weighs 3+ lbs heavier than the WW one.

So, yes, weighed in at home and it's a number with no relevance. Yet. Next Tuesday we'll know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment