Sunday, August 14, 2011

Food Of The Day: Not Ice Cream


Two low-Point standbys today: grilled romaine and a Trader Joe's Roasted Chicken patty.

On the extremely straight and very narrow this week as I'm trying to work off what I'm sure are a couple of extra pounds of vacation weight thanks to this friggin' chicken.

Although, I regret nothing about that chicken or its delicious soft serve. Everything in moderation, right? Seriously, pumpkin-flavored soft serve. Chocolate-peanut butter soft serve twist. It would be wrong not to enjoy.

The most important thing to me is vacation stops when it's over - it doesn't continue on at home for 40 days like some sort of bizarro diet-busting Lent.

This is where I've run aground in the past:

Oh, well, since vacation went through Saturday, why not just eat what I want for the rest of the weekend and start Monday?

Cue Monday: I don't feel like starting over on a Monday, I'll do it tomorrow and so on.

I feel I did pretty well in my food choices while away and hopped right back on the good eating and exercise train when I returned.

But, that said, I am not getting back on my home scale until my regular Tuesday morning weigh-in. I'm no fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment