Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Home Weigh-In: Week 2

I was not super-hopeful walking toward the scale this morning.

First, I ate way too much ice cream - and a big piece of fried dough - while on vacation last week. While I didn't overdo it or binge, it was simply more calories than I normally eat.

I got in all my regular exercise - even while away - but I was also lacking on the water front while away. It's hard to put away 96 oz every day when you're not at home. Even though I drank my daily 96oz and more since I got home, I had no idea how much damage I had done.

Then I ate chili last night. By mistake. Hey, it happens.

So more calories + less water + sodium-packed chili = potential trouble on the scale.

However, I knew if the number was up, it was only temporary: I'd get it right off.

Last week I was concerned my new scale may not be calibrated correctly, but credit to the Eat Smart folks, I posted my question on their Facebook page and they replied within 2 hours. Last night I double-checked it was calibrated - without actually weighing myself, so I knew I was all set for 5:05 am Tuesday.

Cut to said time, I put on my regular WW weigh-in clothes for consistency's sake (bra included) and headed for the basement. Took a breath, stepped on and saw...177.6.

Wow, the exact same number as last week. I maintained on a vacation week. Nice! Following a vacation, that's as good as a loss, in my opinion.

Then I stepped on once again just to ensure I wasn't seeing things. Nope, 177.6.

Later today my paranoia crept in: What if I had some weird scale that only displayed 177.6? OK, I know that's insane, but I had to check, so I had my 5-year-old step on. She got 42.2, so yes I had a real M.

Goal for next week: A number less than 177.6.

I went to my regular WW meeting today and I gotta say it's weird to go and not weigh in. If I had my druthers, I'd still weigh-in there every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment