Friday, August 5, 2011

Recipe: Crustless Chicken-Broccoli Quiche



When Becca and I got together yesterday we had a great time, and in addition to her friendship and wonderful conversation she gave me something very cherished by WWers: a good recipe.

We met at lunchtime and both brought our lunches to the coffeehouse, cause that's how we roll. Becca pulled out a container filled with a salad and something that looked great: And it's all only 3 Points+, she said.

She's speaking my language! She offered me a bite of crustless chicken-broccoli quiche, a favorite recipe. Then she sent me the link before we even left the coffeehouse. That's a good friend.

So, of course, intrigued I had to whip it up this morning. Prep was easy and baking time is 45 minutes, but don't do what I did: Get hungry, then put it together and wait while the kitchen is filled with delicious aromas. Damn you, poor reading comprehension.

I toughed it out, and even waited the advised 15 minutes for it to cool before I tucked in. Really very good. I think this will become a staple at this address.

For 3 Points+ it's a big serving and it's versatile enough where you could customize it to your liking. Don't like broccoli? Substitute spinach or another green veg. Don't eat meat? Use soy crumbles or something veg. But, if you're like me, you add bacon (and another .5 Points+/svg) because you know how I feel about it.

(Above) Ready for the oven. Not ready to wait 45 minutes for it to be done. Considered gnawing off my arm. Opted for a VitaBun instead. Probably for the best.

Out of the oven.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks & sounds GREAT! I'm definitely going to be giving this one a try.

    ReplyDelete