Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Food Of The Day: Shrimp and Potatoes


Good Lord, this shrimp is amazing.

And, to push it through the stratosphere, I paired it with Crash Hot Potatoes, which I haven't made in so long, I had to check how to make them. But it was worth it. I also had about 2 cups of roasted green beans, which I ate while the potatoes and shrimp was cooking. I was hungry.

The Gorton's shrimp is new, and so far in my area I've found it at WalMart ($5.97 per bag) and Shaws ($8.49). Flo report Stop & Shop also carries it ($7.50).

I was out, so it was off to The Wal Mart of Ill Repute, next door in Worcester. Seriously, if Mos Eisley had a Wal Mart, this would be the one. Every time I go in there, all I can hear in my head is "Cantina Band" from Star Wars.

But, I found a trick to make it bearable. It's open 24 hours and I pass it on my way to and from bootcamp. I swung by on the way back this morning, and at 7 am, this store isn't too horrific.

Bootcamp was good this morning. Pretty challenging circuit, every station seemed to have something I dreaded when the trainer took us through the walk-through after warm-up. But I happily surprised myself at several rotations. Every class is completely different, which I love, and there's over a hundred exercises we use, so sometimes it's weeks before a specific exercise makes it back into class.

So some of the exercises I was concerned about this morning I actually was pretty good at. It had been a while since I did them and, guess what, I was better this time. I love that, it's so encouraging because it means I am gradually getting stronger and more flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment