Monday, August 8, 2011

Food Of The Day: Triple-Berry Smoothie


I love smoothies of any type.

They're delicious, easy to make, low-Point and they're more like dessert than anything. And my Vitamix makes a smoothie likes nobody's business. This concoction would kill or clog a mortal blender.

This is a Triple Berry Smoothie: 1/2C each frozen strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, mixed with 1C water and 4 oz of Chobani Greek Yogurt.

If I ate each ingredient separately, the only thing I'd have to count is the 4 oz of Greek yogurt (1.5 P+).

But one of WW's little rules is most fruits and veg are 0 Points if you eat them in their "unaltered state" (eg, by themselves). Once you add them to a recipe, they count. So what should be a 1.5P+ smoothie is 4 P+ when you run it through recipe builder on WW.com.

However I refuse to count it as 4 P+. I count it for 2. I'll toss in another half-Point to be a good camper, but no way am I counting it as 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment