Wednesday, January 26, 2011

C25K Week 3 Roundup: Is 9 weeks enough?

Just finished Week 3 and the ability to un a 5K, even slowly, seems far away.

My workouts were decent this week, but nothing great. However, that's just the nature of running, I would guess, it's not always (or rarely?) perfect. I did get one of the nagging annoyances solved: What speed do I dial up on the treadmill? I found Coach Jenny Hadfield on Facebook, where she answers running questions, especially from newbies. I asked her my speed question and she advised to use the talk test: If I can't talk while running, it's too fast. I'll give that a try on the next run.

Onto Week 4, which will be a big one. In Week 4, for the first time I'll be running more than walking, and for longer intervals (3 minutes straight, 5 minutes straight, both twice).

No comments:

Post a Comment