Friday, January 21, 2011

In which there is water, water everywhere

When I restarted WW, I decided to buck my Type A personality and not try to be perfect.

Instead of doing everything perfectly from Day 1 (eating within Points range, 5 fruits & veg a day, 48oz of water a day, regular exercise, 2 healthy oils daily, etc), I decided to do one thing, do it well, then add another. I was concerned that trying to do it all perfectly would burn me out and give me reason to quit.

So, for the first month my only real goal was to eat within my Points. After a month, I added regular exercise (4x week) to boost my losses. A few weeks after that, I concentrated on getting in my 5 servings of fruits and veg (this is a lot easier now with Points+).

The last big thing I had yet to incorporate was water. I'm not a big water fan and for the longest time I'd choke down watered down Crystal Light to get it in.

But, over the past few weeks, I've been putting water way like it's nobody's business - a good 80+oz a day - with little effort. Working out regularly helps, it's easy to drink 32 oz in a 45- to 60-minute workout.

I'm very encouraged that my (nontraditional for me) patient approach is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment