Sunday, January 30, 2011

In which I have a great run

C25K Week 4, Day 2 and I had the best run of my very short running career.

I got 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night and I got to the gym 2 hours later than normal. I not sure if those were the deciding factors of awesomeness, but they sure helped. This week, I'm running more than walking, and today I felt super smooth and strong.

I think slowing down the speed on the treadmill helped a lot, too.

It was the first run in which I felt at the end, "That's it? I'm done. I want to run more." But I know running too far and/or too fast while getting your body up to speed greatly increases the risk of injury, which I want to avoid at all costs. So, I stopped, very happy with the time spent.

I can't believe it, but I'm actually looking forward to my next run day, Wednesday. However, as is the norm so far this year, a snowstorm is predicted for Wednesday, so next run day may not be until, sniff, Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment