Saturday, January 15, 2011

In which I discover a new favorite breakfast

Since I restarted WW last September I've been having some type of protein bar for breakfast, usually a Luna Protein Bar.

But under Points+, what used to be 3 (Cookie Dough) or 4 Points (Chocolate Cherry Almond) are now 5, and a not-super satisfying 5 at that.

Recently I started eating single-serving (6oz) fruit-flavored Chobani for breakfast, too, and it's delicious. But it's also not as satisfying as I'd like for the 4 Points I spend. I wish I liked oatmeal, that would solve the problem.

Anyway, I recently read a tip I should have thought of long ago - get plain Chobani and add my own 0 Point fruit. I got a tub of plain Chobani and 8oz is only 3 Points. I can add a cup of any fruit I like for 0. Yesterday I added a cup of raspberries and it was great. 8 oz is a lot of yogurt.

Today I added a 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch for a little texture. It only added 2.5 Points, for a total of 5.5. Excellent Points value. This will be a go-to breakfast for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment