Friday, January 7, 2011

Recipe: Easy Fried Rice

WW posted this on Facebook and am I glad they did.

I'm a big fried rice fan and it looked easy. Not only was it easy, it was delicious and made a lot to freeze for later.

Easy Fried Rice

2 sprays cooking spray
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1C carrots, shredded
1C scallions, sliced
3C cooked white rice
1/2C frozen peas, thawed (I bumped up to 1C, I love peas)
1/4 low-sodium soy sauce, or to taste (I went down to 1/8C)

Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Warm over medium-high heat and add eggs, tilt pan so eggs cover bottom.

When eggs start to set, break them up into pieces. Cook until eggs are cooked through, about 1 minute more. Remove eggs and set aside.

Recoat same skillet with cooking spray; set over medium high heat. Add carrots and all but 2T of scallions; saute until carrots are crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes.

Stir in cooked rice, peas and soy sauce. Cook until heated through. about 1 minute. Gently stir in cooked egg and remaining scallions.

Serves 6, 3/4 C per serving.

4 Points per serving.

Notes: I left the egg out as I'm not a fan of it in rice. Instead of cooking spray, used 1t canola oil. I also reduced the soy sauce - 1/8C was plenty for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment