Thursday, July 28, 2011

Food Of The Day: Shrimp Scampi



Flo sounded the bell on Gorton's new frozen shrimp, so I immediately headed out to find them.

As a big fan of shrimp and low-Point, easy meals, this was a slam dunk.

Luckily, I found both varieties (Classic Grilled and Scampi) at Super Wal-Mart and baked the latter tonight.

So delicious and only 6 Points+ for the whole bag (seen on the plate above). My house smelled awesome.

This would be wonderful in a variety of ways: with pasta, over rice, or as I oddly paired it, with sweet potato fries (4 Points+). Hey, I wanted a sweet potato.

I'll definitely be heading back to get another bag. This will be a regular staple.

This isn't a "diet" offering from Gorton's - and it certainly didn't taste like one - so you can serve this to any civilians and they'd love it, too.

1 comment:

  1. "Civilians" should eat as good as we "diet people" eat. Seriously, we don't DIEt, we LIVE it! And the shrimp - delish! I am thinking I want to try some of the other Gorton stuff. The Grilled Salmon is only 2P+ per filet.

    Oh and half the bag was plenty enough here. I served mine with brown rice! YUM!

    ReplyDelete