Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Food Of The Day: Sausage and Peppers

The fair was in town last week and one of my favorite things is a greasy grilled sausage and pepper sub.

I was able to abstain, knowing I could recreate a healthier version at home thanks to Trader Joe's Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage (3P+ per link, in the refrigerated meat section) and a bag of their Fire Roasted Peppers and Onions (freezer section).

It's delicious, smelling and tasting just like the high-test version. I went bread-free because I didn't feel like spending the Points on a roll.

Tonight's dinner also helped with Operation Let My Freezer Go. I have amassed way too many TJs treasures that have taken up seemingly permanent residence in the freezer.

I'll walk through TJs and pick up stuff that looks good, come home, jam it in the basement freezer and continue to eat the same stuff (Non-Freezer Division) every day.

So in my quest to vary my menu and clear out the freezer, no new TJs until I make my way through the old stuff.



Edit to add: I love this shot of my freezer. Everything is upside down, on its side or upended like there was some sort of riot in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment