Monday, March 28, 2011

In which I remember where my battle lies

The alarm went off at 6 am yesterday and I didn't want to get up. Really didn't want to get up and drive to the gym.

Some days it's easier than others and this was one of those difficult days.

It's Sunday morning, everyone in their right mind is in bed, warm and cozy.

It's still pitch black out and in the 20s.

For God's sake, even the kids are still asleep, I really have to get up?

Yes, I did. Early morning is the only time I can reliably get a workout in. If I didn't do it now, chances are slim I would be able to easily make it to the gym for the rest of the day. I would be pissed off at myself for the rest of the day and, likely, all the way until weigh-in on Tuesday.

Then a thought came into my head:

This is where you win your battle. Not Tuesday mornings on the scale.

True enough. That's all it took. Up and out I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment