Sunday, March 20, 2011

In which my squat muscles are sore

Yesterday I wondered what I'd feel like today, 24 hours after my first bootcamp workout.

Whatever muscles are used for squats are very sore. Trying to sit. Ouch. Trying to get up from a seated position. Oof.

No pain, just sore muscles. Not a lot of squatting has been going on in these parts in years. Yes, I could take ibuprofen. But I have this No meds of any kind unless absolutely necessary rule 48 hours before my weigh-in, due to water retention. It's a painful one to keep today, but I am sticking to it.

Typing of weigh-in, I am concerned about sore muscles = water retention = crap weigh-in. But I need to tone and strengthen, and I know cardio combined with strength training will turn me into a toned, fat-burning machine. However, I also know muscle-building can throw a monkey wrench in your weigh-in for a bit. Fingers crossed I can avert that.

I was due for the gym today and had planned to run, but I wanted to give my legs another day to recover from squatville. So I did 45 minutes on the elliptical with no problem.

Tomorrow I plan to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment