Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 27 Weigh-In: Meh

I knew, just knew, this wasn't going to be a great weigh-in.

I had my usual on-plan week: smart eating and hard exercise. But because I did a 5K two days before, I knew I was going to get screwed at the scale.

It was my first 5K in 8 years and anytime I do a strenuous new exercise my muscles are sore and retain water to rebuild themselves. This race was just too close to WI for them to rebound in time.

You would think it's just the opposite, right? Wow, I did something very hard and surely I will lose a lot of weight next time I step on the scale! It's just another one of those weight-loss screw jobs that pop up here and there.

Plus, I had lost nearly 8 lbs over the past 3 weeks, so I was due for a small loss, anyway. Regardless, a little voice inside was holding out hope. All I wanted - all I ever want - is to lose 2 lbs a week. Anything over that is gravy. Anything under, a disappointment (unless there was an underlying reason).

I knew things weren't going to go my way when I got to the meeting, got in line and a new member cut me in line to get to Donna The Wonderful receptionist. This did not bode well.

Now, a lot of us Weight Watchers are superstitious. We religiously follow the same weigh-in day routines, wear the same lightweight clothes, want the same receptionist/scale. I know it's BS, but it's how I roll. Donna was weighing in people and so was our leader. Donna weighs me in each week.

But the new people joining kept getting Donna, which sucks because they have all their paperwork and other first week crap that takes forever. I wanted to go to Donna, but she was constantly tied up. Sick of waiting, I went to the leader's scale.

You lost.4! Great! she chirped.

Seriously, .4 is not great. I have never seen a person get excited for losing .4. Maybe if that's all you needed to reach Goal or Lifetime, then OK. Get excited. I know she was just trying to be encouraging, but -.4 sucks, even though I wasn't expecting much.

Regardless, it's better than up .4. Onward and downward.

No comments:

Post a Comment