Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Week 26 Weigh-In: Not-As-Fat Tuesday

Every week I get nervous heading to my Weight Watchers meeting.

Even though I follow the plan closely and work out regularly, that stupid scale spooks me every week. I had no reason to be worried this week, I didn't do anything "wrong."

But I know what it's like to get screwed at the scale, and every week I worry it will happen. It's stupid. So what if it does? As long as I did my best, if it's a small loss or undeserved gain, so what. It'll come off - and then some - next week.

Not sure why I got on that rant today as I certainly didn't get screwed at the scale. I was -3 to bring me to an even -70. So close to -75! Donna The Wonderful receptionist was thrilled. I was thrilled. And my leader was psyched, I even got a hug.

This week's meeting topics was celebrating all victories - no matter the size - and I was flattered that the leader highlighted my milestone and asked me lots of questions in front of the group. It was fun to share.

When I got home later, I input my new weight into Weight Watchers very helpful eTools site. I got the CYA/ridiculous "You're losing too fast!" admonition from the site (you get it if you lose more than 2 lbs a week). Which at the bottom features what friends and I call The Loneliest Link on WW.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment