Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Food of The Day: Corn On The Cob


I love Corn on the Cob, but I've been too cheap to spend 2P+ per ear.

Sure, the majority of fruits and veg are 0 P+ on Weight Watchers, but not the super delicious, starchy or fat-filled stuff like potatoes, corn or avocado.

But then I thought about it and asked myself, Would you rather enjoy a small Fiber One brownie for 2 P+ (and they are very good) or a big ear of corn with butter and kosher salt? You can see what I chose.

It was Bad News/Good News for dinner tonight.

I had marinated chicken all day. Went out, put it on the grill, came out about 10 minutes later to turn and no flame. Out of propane. My own fault, I grill all the time. I should have had a backup or anticipated it running out.

So that's the Bad News. The Good News is I had budgeted for 1 ear of corn, but now that I had 6 P+ to spend in lieu of the chicken, I had 2 ears, 2 oz of Boar's Head Honey Maple Turkey and 1 Pepperidge Farm 7 Grain sandwich thin. Yum.

My friend shared her way of boiling corn: Use just enough water to cover the corn, add a spoonful of lemon juice and a pinch of sugar. Boil for 3 minutes. It was delicious.

Oh, and I did not make any progress today on Operation Let My Freezer Go. I was planning to use part of a bag of TJ's asparagus, but the whole swapping-dinner-on-the-fly thing left me no time. Asparagus tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment