Thursday, July 14, 2011

In which I, amazingly, fit into a Medium


"Medium" never had a big place in my vocabulary.

Food-wise I rarely ordered Medium anything and I certainly never wore it.

So it was big news this week when the pea coat I ordered from LL Bean came in.

I love pea coats and since every coat I own is way too big for me now, it's time to get something that fits. Actually, I just realized I donated all the coats I own. So, technically, I don't own anything heavier than a sweatshirt.

Anyway, this one is a light, fall-ish pea coat, and when I was checking the size chart I realized I could fit in a Medium - at least according to the chart. Which I didn't believe. And stared at for a good 5 minutes.

That can't be right, I thought. A medium? Seriously? But I know my chest measurement and sure enough it would fit, so I ordered it, figuring I could always return it if it was too tight.

It came today. And, astonishingly, it fit. It's still a little tight around the shoulder blades when I bring my arms across, but since I have 18 more pounds to lose, I figure it will be perfect when I'm at my personal goal. But everything buttons without threat of them shooting across the room and, IMOHO, it looks pretty swell.

Funny, I always thought LL Bean clothes ran small, but maybe the problem was I ran big.

I had to take a picture of the tag because, holy crap, it's a Medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment