Friday, July 22, 2011

In which you should try a Misto

If you cook with olive oil often (say that three times fast), you need a Misto.

I grill (in the summer) and roast (in the winter) vegetables almost every day, and the Misto has been invaluable to add a little olive oil to the veg of the day.

Pump the cap several times and you've primed the pressurized sprayer, hit the nozzle and out comes a fine mist of oil.

But, 1t olive oil = 1 Points+, how do I determine how much I use and how do I count it if the oil is projected in a mist? OK, here's a secret: No idea and I don't.

I know, I know. And I count everything else, but since it's just a quick hit of oil, I let it slide. I've been using it for months and it hasn't shown up on the scale, so I think it's OK.

The Misto has been an incredibly valuable addition to my kitchen gear, right up there with my food scale when it comes to daily use. If you're a regular olive oil user and you want to go light, definitely get one.

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get that Misto? Mind has is made from some sort of metal, and I'd like to be able to see inside and see how much oil is left. I am always guessing.

    ReplyDelete